R2 Wellness Centers
Casey Walker, DC
Chiropractor located in Lowell, IN
If you have inflamed skin, general inflammation, or chronic pain, Red Light Therapy can help. At R2 Wellness Centers in Lowell, Indiana, our team of providers offers this revolutionary light therapy to heal a number of soft tissue issues and stimulate a natural healing process. For information about Red Light therapy, call the office.
Red Light Therapy Q & A
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy (LLLT) offers a dual wavelength of infrared and red light that your skin absorbs. This red laser light is of a longer wavelength than visible light, but it’s contained in sunlight. In fact, red laser light makes up 70% of the light from the sun that heats the earth with the other 30% being visible light.
The energy heats your skin and stimulates a cellular response that includes increased production of collagen, a skin-strengthening compound, and ATP (adenosine triphosphate), a cellular energy source. The accelerated production of ATP increases your metabolism, facilitating weight loss.
The light-emitting diodes (LEDs) used are concentrated sources of light that produce therapeutic wavelengths that don’t cause damage to your skin.
What types of conditions benefit from Red Light Therapy?
A variety of health issues that show up close to the surface of the skin respond well to Red Light Therapy. These include:
- Stretch marks
- Excess subcutaneous fat
Different body tissues vary in the way they absorb light. The combination of Red light Therapy technology provides is particularly effective in treating the skin.
What are the benefits of Red Light Therapy?
The light energy stimulates circulation, which provides the tissues in your cells with nutrients and oxygen, accelerating the healing process.
As a result, you experience:
- Relaxed muscles and nerves
- Reduced scar tissue
- Increased activity in the lymphatic system (the body’s natural waste-removal system) resulting in less swelling
- Stimulation of collagen
- Increased production of endorphins for enhanced mood
- Reduced inflammation that aggravates arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
Is Red Light Therapy safe?
The light waves Red Light Therapy uses are part of the natural spectrum of sunlight, without damaging UV rays. This type of light is absolutely necessary for metabolism and growth in humans. Low-level laser therapy has been used in Europe for decades and is only now in the United States is recognized for its effectiveness in healing.
For more information about Red Light Therapy, call R2 Wellness Centers at 219-208-6894 or use our booking feature to schedule your initial session today!
Knee Painmore info
Non-Surgical Decompressionmore info
Foot Levelers Custom Orthoticsmore info
Neck Painmore info
Shoulder Painmore info
Headaches & Migrainesmore info
Hip Painmore info
Lower Back Pain & Sciaticamore info
Joint Painmore info
Whole Life Nutritionmore info
Red Light Therapymore info